The Student News Site of Walnut Grove High School

Wildcats Wired

Wildcats Wired

Wildcats Wired

POLL

This poll has ended.

Are you voting in the School Board May 4th election?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Define the Standard Ep. 1
Define the Standard Ep. 1
Kai Zhang, Radio Director • April 24, 2024

New Year’s Resolutions Infographic

An infographic created with Canva portrays information on the new year’s resolutions of the student body and their thoughts on the effectivity of goals. (Ellie Schofield)

We asked students and staff their opinions on New years resolutions and if they are effective. At the start of each year, people scramble to come up with a goal to make the upcoming year better. 81% of students regularly set goals, but the question is if they actually are effective.  50% believe it depends on the goal and 33% believe it depends on the perspective. “I think that if you set them intentionally and you don’t set unrealistic expectations of yourself, they can be really beneficial to you,” said Rainey Pennington, a sophomore. Another sophomore, Morgan Farlow, says this “I make sure to pick goals that I know are gonna be reasonable. So one of mine was drinking more water. So I’ll make sure to have a cup in my hand every hour of the day, drinking water.” Setting goals is a wonderful thing to do and benefits you a lot. Just make sure that it is effective and attainable.